December 25, 2017
Even though I am a little late, I wanted to share with all of you some of our favorite Christmas traditions and let you in on how we do Christmas at the Roux Morgan house.
First a few things you should know:
- My mom is obsessed with Christmas, so my house looks like a Christmas store you would go to buy decorations from.
- During the day on Christmas Eve, we buy presents and drive around the city looking for less fortunate kids to give them to. This is seriously one of the most gratifying things I have ever done. My mom has been doing it for 20 years, and started taking me when I was three. We haven’t missed a year since.
- She has never ever talked to us as if Santa was not real.
- During the holidays, we do not hear anything other than Christmas music when riding in the car.
- Christmas movies are a MUST for our family.
- The youngest person at my house is 15 years old, but we still write letters to Santa, bake cookies, and put out milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeers.
- We have little elfs that come to our house every night of December and put a little gift in each of our stockings. Yeah, pumping us up for Christmas Day.
- We always, ALWAYS, wear matching Christmas pajamas on Christmas Eve.
- Me and my sisters all sleep together in the same room.
- Every morning after opening presents we have a family Christmas Brunch at our house.
- My mom still records us opening our gifts.
- The day I found out Santa wasn’t real was probably one of the saddest days of my life.
- I do not know of any Christmas that compares to ours. I seriously love Christmas, and just like my mom, we are obsessed.
- One of my main goals in life is to make Christmas as special for my kids as my mom still makes it for us.
Ready to go! That boy next to my sister Tatiana is my cousin that lives in New York and comes to visit for Christmas. He loves coming with us on this drive. This is seriously our favorite part of Christmas.
Cookies for Santa in the making!
They are ready 🙂
My mom’s Christmas pajamas
No more cookies…
As you can see, we could not wait to open our presents!
How cute were out Santa gift tags this year!!!
Santa was here! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Family Christmas Brunch! The is our stepdad sitting with us at the table.
My mom is serisously the best. She has more Christmas spirit than anyone else I have ever met. She really goes all out and makes sure to make this time of the year as special and magical as it can be. Me and my sisters are forever grateful to her for all she does for us. I seriously could not imagine a better Christmas. My life without our special traditions made up by my mom would not be the same. This is truly a magical season.
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas full of love, family, and traditions.